Another delicious recipe by Paul Cassel of UP MARKETING.
“Canadian wild and farmed lake trout.”
Makes 2 servings
- 2 large or medium sized trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil, or other light oil
- 2 medium size apples, sliced
- 2 cups carrot sticks
- 1 cup leeks, sliced
- 1 cup celery sticks
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Pinch of coriander
1. Add oil to a saucepan and sauté the carrot and celery sticks on medium heat. Add the leeks and white wine, sautéing until the wine reduced to half its quantity.
2. Transfer all the sautéed ingredients to a baking dish, lay the trout fillets on top.
3. Cover with tarragon leaves, sliced apples, and coriander.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375° - 400° F, covered, for 15 minutes per half inch of filet thickness.
Tip: Cook lemon peel in with the sautéed vegetables.