This delicious recipe was submitted by Paul Cassel of UP MARKETING.
BARBEQUE ALBACORE TUNA.
“Albacore tuna line caught from Canadian Atlantic and Pacific waters.”
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Albacore loin steaks (6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 2 cups shredded kale (black best)
- 1 cup chopped onions or shallots
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
1. Slit each Albacore steaks lengthwise. Brush or drizzle sesame oil and lime into the slits, and dust with wasabi and sesame seeds.
2. Glaze with pickled ginger brine (white is best), and barbeque on medium heat on a loose foil.
3. Sauté onions or shallots in a wok or deep pan, add shredded kale, toss with soy sauce and rice vinegar.
4. Serve fish on bed of fresh kale, topped with the sautéed onions and kale.
Tip: Top the kale bed around fish with barbecued sliced, portobello mushrooms or other grilled veggies.